Every Home Is Unique
We Offer the Protection You Need, No Matter the Flood Zone
Our comprehensive personal and commercial insurance services are teamed with unparalleled customer service and intricate knowledge of the Lowcountry. Get in touch with our knowledgeable team today to discuss insurance solutions.
Hilton Head Flood Insurance
A flood insurance policy protects your property from rising water. Rising water is anything that starts from the ground and works its way up. Examples of rising water are:
- Storm surge
- Rainfall that causes retention ponds or runoff drains to back up and overflow
- High tides
Any of these examples could cause water to rise gradually and eventually work its way into your home.
There are only two markets to get flood insurance from:
- FEMA – the Federal Government program
- Requires an elevation certificate
- May have a 30 day waiting period
- The Private Market – Lloyds of London or Lexington
- Would only need address and flood zone determination
What does my flood zone mean?
- Flood Zone A – flood insurance will be required by your mortgage company
- Flood Zone B or C – flood insurance will not required by your mortgage company
Hilton Head Insurance & Brokerage is a local family owned and operated agency that serves the Carolina Lowcountry and beyond! We provide caring, personal service and we know you will like the way we do business.
Not sure your flood zone? Give our agents a call and let them help you make sure you have the coverage you need.
For more information on the FEMA program, please visit this site https://www.fema.gov/national-flood-insurance-program
For comprehensive explanation of flood insurance, we recommend this article https://www.iii.org/article/spotlight-on-flood-insurance
When people think of floods they usually think of big events like hurricanes. But floods can also be caused by tropical rains which we experience all of the time here in Southwest Florida. Flooding can happen anywhere, but certain areas are especially prone to serious flooding. To help communities understand their risk, FEMA flood zone maps have been created to show the location of high-risk and moderate-to-low risk. We use the Collier County flood maps to identify your specific flood insurance risk.
Flood Insurance On Hilton Head Island
Our expert flood insurance agents will happily assist you in choosing the right flood insurance coverage for your Hilton Head Island property. As a leading general agent, our team provides multiple insurance options when it comes to protecting your home, business, and assets from flood loss in South Carolina. Water damage is considered a ‘flood’ when two or more acres or two or more properties are affected by water rising from the ground up; flood protection isn’t typically covered under a standard homeowner insurance policy.
Private Market Coverage
As a general agent, Hilton Head Insurance & Brokerage is able to offer both new and existing customers access to private carrier flood insurance options. This includes the same standard policy as the government backed NFIP, but with more coverage solutions and more competitive yearly premiums. Why choose Private Insurance for your flood insurance policy?
- Higher limits with coverages up to $10MM
- Exact coverage options provided by FEMA’s NFIP policies
- Immediate access to skilled agents to answer your questions about flood zones, policies, and claims
- Enhanced coverage options for damages not offered by homeownerspolicies including:
- Replacement cost (replacement cost is the cost to repair or replace damaged possessions at today’s market-value prices)
- Loss of use (loss of use is the cost you will experience to live somewhere else if your home is damaged in a flood)
- Lower premiums tailored to your specific area
- Quicker, more efficient claim response
Private Market Coverage
As a leading general agent, Hilton Head Insurance & Brokerage can not only provide your flood insurance quote, but we can write your flood insurance policy through the government backed National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). Unlike other insurance policies you might have (i.e. car, homeowner, etc.), flood insurance offered through the NFIP is priced the same no matter where you get it or whom you write it through. This means that even though the government determines your coverage and premium, We can write your policy for you!Why choose us for your NFIP policy?
- Coverages up to $250K
- Excess coverage options available
- Statewide claim support with fast turn-around
- Fully backed by the Federal Government
- Contents only coverage for tenants looking for protection
- Low cost preferred risk policies for properties located in low risk flood zones
- Quick, easy and online flood zone determination and quoting process
- Reputable general insurance agent